Abandoned Mansion in Missouri.
Abandoned Island in New york. First inhabited in 1885 when the Riverside Hospital was relocated to the island. It was used, in part, as a quarantine location for infectious diseases such as smallpox and tuberculosis. The island housed Mary Mallon, or Typhoid Mary, for over twenty years before she died there in 1938.
Originally known as the Eastern Pennsylvania State Institution for the Feeble-Minded and Epileptic, this facility was an institution for the mentally and physically disabled. Construction on Pennhurst began in 1903 and the campus was closed on December 9, 1987.
A former Connecticut state psychiatric hospital which operated from 1931 until 1995.
A former New York state psychiatric hospital which operated from 1873 until it closed in the early 2000′s.
A former facility for the “developmentally disabled.” The buildings were active from 1860 to 1993.
The following photos are from the Roosevelt Fabric Mill in Connecticut.
The following photos are from the former Winchester Repeating Arms gun factory in Connecticut.
The following photos are from the Norwich State Hospital in Connecticut. A former state hospital that officially closed its last building in 1996.